Seven Workshops Announced
Why hello! It’s been a little while since I last posted on here. Been having very interesting meetings with industry and internal AUT staff to organize and create content for the 2012 Marker Creative Workshops. There are definitely some technology areas that I never knew existed(!) and am absolutely amazed at what has been created, and the directions that certain industries are going in. And soon this information will be passed on to you, in the form of a Marker workshop, more on this below..
Three workshops run through AUT’s Textile & Design Lab will be up on this website by Monday, ready for you to read and enrol. Very interesting areas using the cutting-edge textile printing, and whole garment knitwear machines. The workshops are:
- Knitted Accessory Designer
- Two day T-shirt Challenge
- Design your own Digitally Printed Scarf
Other workshops that are confirmed, I am just sorting the final details and they will be up on the website next week, are:
- 2 x Sound editing and processing workshops using Ableton Live
- Bring your Art to Life with Max/ MSP / Jitter
- Create an Online Virtual Gallery using Exhibbit
In the works:
- Transmedia ARG workshsop series
- E-textiles using Lilypad Arduino
- Solidworks to 3D printing
- 2 x Motion Capture (Body, and Facial)
Plus there are many other areas I am exploring. Marker will also be working with the organisers of IE2012 (Interactive Entertainment Conference) to run gaming-themed workshops on Friday 20th July.
It’s all go, and will soon be revealed on this website and the Marker social networks. If you have any thoughts, questions, ideas please feel free to contact me (Rebekah) at email@example.com and you can keep in-the-loop via our Facebook page, and @MarkerWrkshps on Twitter.